July 21, 2009

Of goals and shinies.

I'm sure most people out there will agree with me that the thing that makes WoW playable (beyond the social factor) is setting goals and achieving them. Here, I plan to share a few of my current goals. And hey, if anyone out there has anything to throw in, feel free. I'm totally up for responding to comments or clarifying something that might be not well worded.

So, here's a list of things I'm trying to do in WoW/things I want.

Mount Goal #1: Obtaining an Ashes of Al'ar mount from Kael'thas in Tempest Keep.
This is my absolute #1 desire in this game right now. As it stands, I'd trade my Druid (4/5 T8, decent amount of gear, Swift White Hawkstrider, Swift Razzashi Raptor, Raven Lord, and Time-Lost Proto-Drake) for another Druid of any gear level or race if it had an Al'ar. I really want that mount. The reason why I want it so much is I've always been enraptured with the phoenix imagery and legend (I was kind of sickly as a child, so I guess it all stems from there), and I guess it helps that the mount is gorgeous.

Mount Goal #2: Working towards a 310% speed mount. (Rusted proto-drake being the most likely candidate)
This is on the list because Ashes of Al'ar's got a low droprate, and with the announced change for Druid Swift Flight Form to go 310% speed if you've got a 310% mount, I want to get a 310% mount to get a really fast flight form. Super herb Ninja, ahoy! Take that, non-Druids in Sholazar!

Mount Goal #3: Obtaining a Swift Zulian Tiger mount from High Priest Thekal in Zul'gurub.
For those of you who don't play a Tauren, you probably don't understand what I mean when I say I want to be able to fit through doors (unless you run around on a mammoth). A normal sized character on a mammoth is the same size as a Tauren male on a raptor. Since the tiger's even lower to ground than a wolf, it'd be the ultimate mount for fitting through stuff.

Next up: Raiding goals.

Raiding Goal #1: More Ulduar10 hard modes.
Call it acheivement whoring, loot whoring, mount lust, or whatever you want, more Ulduar hard modes would be awesome. Especially because of raiding goal #2!

Raiding Goal #2: Kill Algalon in Ulduar10.
I wanna see this guy die, his fight looks delicious and I really wanna do it.

Raiding Goal #3: Get Outland Raider achievement.
I only started playing in November of 2008, so I didn't get to experience the really epic stuff of Vanilla and late BC. As such, I wanna see what I'm missing, and all that stands between me and my Outland Raider acheivement is clearing Sunwell Plateau, Mount Hyjal, and Serpentshrine Cavern.

On to next types of goals: Ones relating to my alts.

Alt Goal #1: Get my Mage to up high and break stuff.
My Druid's resto, my priest started shadow and does Disc, so I want a character who can't heal so I don't get suckered into doing it a third time.

Alt Goal #2: Get an Alliance Druid up to a decent level.
When the faction change server goes live, I'd like to know firsthand if I'll really be swapping sides or not. I figure levelling a second Druid will show me where I want to stick my strong one.

Feel free to leave comments regarding goals of your own! And if you just so happen to like running Tempest Keep and have no interest in Al'ar and are transferring to Fenris, feel free to drop me a line. ;D

1 comment:

  1. Al'ar mount!!! You are aiming high! I would be too worried I would get my heart broken with it not dropping, but I wish you the best of luck. Welcome to the blogsphere!

    ReplyDelete